Impact Ohio will hold a Youngstown/Warren Regional Conference on Thursday, September 12 at Stambaugh Auditorium from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The conference is a partnership effort with The Success Group and the Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber.
The Impact Ohio Youngstown/Warren Regional Conference, cosponsored by the Ohio Democratic and Republican parties, will offer a special, bipartisan opportunity to explore public policies important to the Mahoning Valley.
“We expect to have an engaging dialogue on a variety of topics, and we look forward to having business and community leaders gather to network and gain new insight into issues facing the community. We’re especially thrilled about the great agenda we have shaping up,” said Jennifer Flatter, CEO of Impact Ohio.
The full conference agenda is still in development, but will feature government leaders, media professionals, business leaders, and policy experts.
The conference will hold three public policy panels titled “Increasing Manufacturing Technology Competitiveness: The Next Generation of Technology & Machining,” “Military Affairs and The Economy: The Importance of Camp Garfield and The Youngstown Air Reserve Station,” and “Mahoning River Restoration: Enhancing Sustainability to Improve the Region.”
Some participants include:
• Ohio Treasurer of State Robert Sprague,
• The Honorable Sean J. O’Brien, Ranking Member of the Ohio Senate Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee,
• The Honorable Rick Perales, Chair of the Ohio House Armed Services and Veterans Affairs Committee,
• Erin O’Donnell, Director of Partnerships and Community Relations, America Makes,
• Jim Kinnick, Executive Director of Eastgate Regional Councils of Government
• Michael A. Hripko, Associate Vice President of External Affairs, Government Relations, and Economic Development at Youngstown State University
• Vito Abruzzino, Executive Director of the Eastern Ohio Military Affairs Commission,
• Todd Franko, Editor of The Vindicator,
• Jeff Herrmann, CEO of The Business Journal
• Brenda Linert, Editor of Tribune Chronical, and
• James Dignan, CEO of the Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber.
Nick Santucci, Director of Government & Public Affairs for the Regional Chamber, sees the Impact Ohio Youngstown/Warren Regional Conference as a great opportunity for the community.
“Advocating for a thriving business climate is at the core of the Regional Chamber’s mission on behalf of its members. That is why the Chamber is pleased to partner with Impact Ohio to discuss the Mahoning Valley priorities that will move our communities forward. A political conference of this size and scale has never taken place before in this market, and we are excited to bring an Impact Ohio Regional Conference to the Valley,” Santucci said.
The Success Group launched Impact Ohio in 1984 with the first Post Election Conference in Columbus, which is held every two years immediately following the general election. Interest has grown over the last 35 years, which led Impact Ohio to expand in 2017 with regional conferences. In 2019, Impact Ohio will hold six regional conferences.
“After each conference we hear how much value our attendees gain from our expert-led panels and the opportunity to network with other attendees. Because of this enthusiasm, we had the desire to share Impact Ohio with other communities,” Flatter said.
Following the conference, there will be a post conference reception and river launch at B & O Station sponsored by Covelli Enterprises and hosted by the Chamber Foundation.
Register for the conference and reception HERE. $60 for early bird registration through August 15.
Leave a Comment