Impact Ohio will hold an in-person regional conference in Warren on Friday, October 1 at The Grand Resort from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The 2021 Impact Ohio Mahoning Valley Regional Conference is a partnership effort with The Success Group and the Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber.
The conference will offer a special opportunity to explore policy and politics important to the Mahoning Valley.
“We expect to have an engaging dialogue on a variety of topics, and we look forward to having business and community leaders from the Valley gather at the conference to network and gain new insight into policy issues facing the community,” said Jennifer Flatter, CEO of Impact Ohio.
The conference agenda includes policy discussions featuring government and business leaders, as well as policy experts as panelist.
This can’t-miss conference will also feature an address from Auditor of State Keith Faber which will take place at 11:30 a.m.
The conference will hold three panels:
The Mahoning Valley’s Military Economy
Panelists will discuss the important role military installations play in the Valley’s regional economy. This panel will focus on the numerous opportunities at Youngstown Air Reserve Station, Trumbull County’s largest employer, as well as Camp Garfield and through the private sector defense supply chain.
Revolutionizing Manufacturing in the Mahoning Valley
This panel will discuss manufacturing innovation in the Mahoning Valley and its impact on Northeast Ohio’s economy and workforce. Panelists will cover issues including additive manufacturing and advancements in technology and machining.
The Future of the Lordstown Smart Logistics Hub
A panel of experts will explore the infrastructure initiative in the Mahoning Valley which seeks to capitalize on Lordstown’s location. Experts will share plans for multiple modes of transportation, broadband, and electrification to position the region into a premier logistics hub in the Midwest.
Additional speakers include:
- The Honorable Keith Faber, Ohio Auditor of State
- Guy Coviello, President & CEO, Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber
- Brian Kelley, Chief Technology Officer, Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission
- Colonel Jeffrey A. Van Dootingh, Commander, Youngstown Air Reserve Station
- Vito Abruzzino, Executive Director, Eastern Ohio Military Affairs Commission
- Elaine Bryant, Executive Vice President for Aerospace and Defense, Dayton Development Coalition and Managing Director, Military and Federal Sector at JobsOhio
- Jim Kinnick, Executive Director, Eastgate Regional Councils of Government
- Michael Dustman, Director of Constituent Services, Office of US Senator Rob Portman
- Justin Dennis, Reporter, Mahoning Matters
- Dan O’Brien, Managing Editor, The Business Journal
- Brandon Lamoncha, Director of Additive Manufacturing, Humtown Products
- Mark Lamoncha, President & CEO, Humtown Products
- John Wilczynski, Executive Director, America Makes (invited)
Ryan McNaughton, Vice President of Government Affairs at the Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber, sees the Impact Ohio Mahoning Valley Regional Conference as a great opportunity for the region.
“The Mahoning Valley has several sustainable, competitive advantages for economic growth. Those include being a strong military community, Additive Manufacturing, and the Lordstown Smart Logistics Hub. We are pleased to be able to showcase those to a larger audience at our regional Impact Ohio conference,” McNaughton said.
The Success Group, the presenting conference sponsor, launched Impact Ohio in 1984 with the first Post Election Conference in Columbus, which is held every two years immediately following the general election. Interest has grown over the last 30 years, which led Impact Ohio to expand in 2017.
“After each conference we hear how much value our attendees gain from our expert-led panels and the opportunity to network with other attendees. Because of this enthusiasm, we had the desire to share Impact Ohio with other communities,” Flatter said.
The Mahoning Valley conference is cosponsored by the Ohio Democratic and Republican Parties, allowing for a bipartisan look into the future of policy making.
Registration and details on conference panelists can be found at www.impactohio.org.