Impact Ohio will hold a Dayton Regional Conference on Thursday, October 10 at The University of Dayton, Daniel J. Curran Place (1700 South Patterson Blvd) in The Meyer Room, from 11:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The conference is a partnership effort with The Success Group, the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce, Cox Media Ohio, and the University of Dayton.
The Impact Ohio Dayton Regional Conference, cosponsored by the Ohio Democratic and Republican parties, will offer a special, bipartisan opportunity to explore public policies important to the Miami Valley.
“We’re looking forward to returning to Dayton this year for another Impact Ohio regional conference. We expect to have a great turnout with attendees from the Dayton region, in addition to those from Columbus who are interested in policies affecting the area,” said Jennifer Flatter, CEO of Impact Ohio.
The conference agenda will feature government leaders, media professionals, business leaders, and policy experts.
The conference will hold three public policy panels titled “Cybersecurity: Protecting Information in the Digital Age,” “Election 2020: From the White House to the Statehouse,” and “Economic Development & the Third Frontier: The Future of Innovation & Entrepreneurship.”
- The Honorable Jon Husted, Lt. Governor of the State of Ohio
- The Honorable Nan Whaley, Mayor of Dayton
- The Honorable Frank LaRose, Ohio Secretary of State
- The Honorable Robert Sprague, Ohio Treasurer of State
- Dr. Eric F. Spina, President, University of Dayton
Cybersecurity: Protecting Information in the Digital Age
- Moderator: Chris Kershner, Executive Vice President, Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Dr. Harold J. Arata, Lead Systems Design Engineer, AT&T Government Solutions
- Lisa Heckler, Chief Information Security Officer, CareSource
- Stephanie Singer, Vice President of Operations, Reed Elsevier Technology Services
- Retired Air Force Colonel Joseph Zeis, Jr., Senior Policy Advisor for Aerospace and Defense, Office of Governor Mike DeWine
Election 2020: From the White House to the Statehouse
- Moderator: Laura Bischoff, Statehouse Reporter, Dayton Daily News
- Dr. Christopher Devine, Assistant Professor, University of Dayton
- Kevin DeWine, Partner, CBD Advisors
- Janetta King, President & CEO, Innovation Ohio
Economic Development & the Third Frontier: The Future of Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Moderator: Samantha Sommer, Investigative & Community Impact Director, Dayton Daily News
- Shelley Dickstein, City Manager, City of Dayton
- Roger Edwards, Vice President of Accelerant Venture Capital Fund, Dayton Development Coalition
- Scott Koorndyk, President, The Entrepreneurs Center
- Former Governor Bob Taft, Distinguished Research Associate, University of Dayton
Ted Bucaro, Government & Regional Relations Director for the University of Dayton, views the Impact Ohio Dayton Regional Conference as a great opportunity for members of the community to network and hear first-hand from elected officials, business leaders, and local experts.
“The University of Dayton is pleased to partner with Impact Ohio to bring another regional conference to the Miami Valley. We look forward to hearing the speakers and panelists discuss issues important to the region,” Bucaro said.
The Success Group launched Impact Ohio in 1984 with the first Post Election Conference in Columbus, which is held every two years immediately following the general election. Interest has grown over the last 35 years, which led Impact Ohio to expand in 2017 with regional conferences. In 2019, Impact Ohio has held regional conferences in Toledo, Akron, and Youngstown/Warren, with upcoming conferences in Dayton, Canton, and Southeast Ohio.
“We have been receiving a lot of positive feedback from attendees at our regional conferences who appreciate the opportunity to network and discuss public policy. This motivates us to continue working with local communities to offer Impact Ohio events across the state,” Flatter said.
Following the conference, there will be a post conference reception, hosted by The Success Group, at the Dublin Pub (300 Wayne Ave, Dayton, OH).
Register for the conference and reception at https://impactohio.org/2019dayton/.
Leave a Comment