Impact Ohio will hold a Southeast Regional Conference on Thursday, November 7 at The Ohio University Inn & Conference Center from 11:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. The conference is a partnership effort with The Success Group and the Ohio University Voinovich School of Leadership & Public Affairs.
The Impact Ohio Southeast Regional Conference, cosponsored by the Ohio Democratic and Republican parties, will offer a special, bipartisan opportunity to explore public policies important to the region.
“We expect to have an engaging dialogue on a variety of topics, and we look forward to having business and community leaders gather to network and gain new insight into issues facing the community. We’re especially thrilled about the great agenda we have shaping up,” said Jennifer Flatter, CEO of Impact Ohio.
The conference will hold three public policy panels titled “Exploring Infrastructure Needs in Southeast Ohio,” “Economic Opportunity and Elevating the Regional Economy,” and “Creating a Culture of Health in Appalachian Ohio.”
Current confirmed speakers and panelists include:
- The Honorable Robert Sprague, Ohio Treasurer of State
- The Honorable Steve Patterson, Mayor of Athens
- The Honorable Jay Edwards, Majority Whip, Ohio House of Representatives
- Dr. M. Duane Nellis, President, Ohio University
- Dr. Mark Weinberg, Founding Dean, Voinovich School of Leadership & Public Affairs
- Dr. Marsha Lewis, Associate Professor and Senior Associate Dean, Voinovich School of Leadership & Public Affairs
- Craig Butler, District Chief, Ohio Environmental Protection Agency Southeast District Office
- Matthew Hammond, Executive Vice President, Ohio Oil and Gas Association
- Bret Allphin, Development Director, Buckeye Hills Regional Council
- Mike Jacoby, President & CEO, APEG
- Sharon Hopkins, Regional Program Director, Procurement Technical Assistance Center
Dr. Mark Weinberg, Founding Dean of Ohio University’s Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs, sees the Impact Ohio Southeast Regional Conference as a great opportunity for the region.
“The Voinovich School is pleased to partner with Impact Ohio to discuss the region’s priorities that will move our communities forward,” said Weinberg.
The Success Group launched Impact Ohio in 1984 with the first Post Election Conference in Columbus, which is held every two years immediately following the general election. Interest has grown over the last 35 years, which led Impact Ohio to expand in 2017 with regional conferences. In 2019, Impact Ohio has held conferences in Toledo, Akron, and Youngstown/Warren, with upcoming conferences in Dayton, Southeast Ohio, and Canton.
“After each conference we hear how much value our attendees gain from our expert-led panels and the opportunity to network with other attendees. Because of this enthusiasm, we had the desire to share Impact Ohio with other communities,” Flatter said.
Following the conference, there will be a post conference reception at Peden Stadium from 5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. in the President’s Box on the 4th Floor (200 Richland Ave, Athens, OH 45701).
Register for the conference and reception at https://impactohio.org/2019southeast/. $60 early bird registration is available through October 11.